Tuesday, December 3, 2013

other side

!!! pleased to announce I just recently had my visa approved & bought my plane ticket to spend nine weeks WWOOFing in New Zealand. I'm going to be working on a sheep farm, caring for twin babies, harvesting fruit, waitressing at a vegetarian restaurant, and lounging on the most perfect beaches. It does not seem real to me. I didn't think i was actually going to do it, because there's a lot of things i dream of but don't actually do. But tickets were cheap and so I did it. and now i am doing it. it feels unreal and so amazing that I am doing something big like this for myself.
I actually feel proud, like I did when I arranged everything to live in Asheville, or come here to Oberlin. I'm just understanding that I can do anything that I actually want to do for myself if I work for it. I'm so grateful for my family's support in it all (my dad bought me the plane ticket to New Zealand which is the kindest thing ever, my mom helped take out loans with me for Oberlin).
I can't wait to be so far away in one of the most dreamiest lands on this earth. i just can't believe it. feeling really fortunate and grateful and also a bit scared of traveling alone. but i know it will be good for me.


These are some of the places I will be:

Tasman:
Coromandel
Mangawhai





gahhhh. so many places left I don't have time to go to, which hurts a lot. but i am happy to have the opporuntity for these places.

if any one else has done wwoofing or something similar, i'd love to talk about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment